- ¾ cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large Persian cucumbers, seeded, sliced thin
- 1 large head of cauliflower, florets diced into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced (green & white)
- 1 cup canned / cooked chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 carton crimini mushrooms
- 8-10 radishes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 small bunch of Italian parsley, leaves chopped
- Make the dressing by blending the tahini, cumin, garlic, lemon juice, water, pepper and salt in a blender or food processor. Season to taste with salt, pepper or cumin. Set aside.
- Add the cucumbers, cauliflower, green onion, chickpeas, mushrooms, radishes, jalapeno, pine nuts, and parsley and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Give a good stir and let the salad sit a bit longer. This will be a dressing drenched salad!
- Transfer to a dish and eat as is, or serve on top of a bed of arugula or quinoa. Make it your own!
Adapted from a favorite blogger of ours, 101 Cookbooks.