Doing everything is harder with kids, amiright? So yes, not gonna lie, doing a program like Prescribe 20 with children IS harder than if you’re flying solo or cooking for adult-only tastebuds. BUT it can also be incredibly rewarding. Food is fuel, medicine and LIFE, and we can never share these truths with our littles too soon. Your kids can be your biggest cheerleaders and helpers while learning from your example along the way, but remember to take baby steps. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and your 5 year old might not eat a kale salad tomorrow – but that doesn’t mean you can’t hide some in a smoothie. Here are some of our best tips to create ease and maximize your success during Prescribe 20:
- Up your food prep game. As you’ll learn, the key to success is food prep. Take one nap time and use that to stock the fridge with chopped veggies, hardboiled eggs, cooked grains, etc. This will not only keep you on your A game, it will also come in handy for the kiddos snacks, sides and crudités for the occasional “dinner fail” whoas
- Get Kids Rule! We’re offering our entire Kids Rule program and recipe packet a la carte…for a super low price. Got picky eaters? This is for you.
- Crudités. You know those all those veggies you chopped? This is where they are worth their weight in gold. A few nights a week let dinner be as simple as: chopped veggies with hummus or a PN dip, a protein (our family favorite is our Go To Chicken Thighs…in the Kids Rule packet!) and rice or quinoa. Or hey, throw it all in a stir fry. Tomorrow make it fajitas…
- Get them in the kitchen! Your minis will be way more likely to eat a meal they’ve helped create.
- Leftovers. Look on the bright side, a dinner that’s a kids “FAIL” means leftovers for you. Tomorrow’s lunch is done and maybe dinner, too? Now whip them up crudités, or better yet, have them do it. Yep, get to work.
- Keep your go-to’s on hand. Maybe it’s Annie’s veggie burgers, good quality chicken nuggets, or hey, pizza. Whatever it is, you’ve got your fridge stocked with plenty of healthy sides that you can feel great about to accompany food you know they’ll eat. It’s about leveling up!
- Life lessons. This is a great time to talk about the power of food and how it makes us feel. Knowledge is power!
We are all about community and support. Not only will you be in good company, but you will get great advice from others in the same boat. And as always, we are here to help every step of the way. Take advantage of the Kids Rule ebooks available a la carte, and why not join us for Prescribe 20 to do it all together? Hey, we’d love to have you.