- 2 cups kale, center ribs removed, cut into thinly sliced ribbons
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a bowl and using your hands, massage the lemon and oil into the kale until well coated. This helps the kale slightly wilt which makes it much more palatable for children (and adults!).
- Add the avocados and massage that into the salad as well until everything is well coated with chunks of avocado.
- Add pine nuts and nutritional yeast, toss well with spoons or hands. Serve and enjoy!
**We love pairing this with protein for a full meal – tuna, chicken, meatballs…the options are endless!
Recipe thanks to Weelicious.