Nutrition that matters.
It’s about getting the little ones you care so much about the foods they need. It’s about optimal and accessible nutrition. It’s about finding the connection between the foods we ingest and our reactions to them. It’s about finding ways to get the good stuff in while getting the kids involved in the process.
Did you know?
- Did you know that there is a science behind picky eating, and it’s rooted in specific nutrient deficiency?
- Did you know that the upset tummies or dry itchy skin is likely affected by what’s going in the mouth?
- Did you know that the more nutrients your child receives , the better he or she can synthesize thoughts and actions?
- Did you know that by prepping more healthy foods you can actually cut down time in the kitchen?
- Did you know that your kids CAN eat foods you never thought they would and LOVE them? They can. You can. We’re going to show you how.
It’s about creating your very own little health nuts.
We teamed up with the amazing works of Catherine McCord and her team at Weelicious to bring you the best of it all – delicious, kid friendly recipes, video tutorials that will help you in the kitchen, and much more! MORE? You know it. Get this, Weelicious has offered all Prescribe Nutrition followers a FREE 30-day of Weelicious menus for signing up for Kids Rule. A FULL month of meal planning straight from the Wee kitchen!
If you’re feeling challenged sneaking in the nutrients your child needs, but aren’t quite sure where to start, we’ve got you covered. Kids Rule will not only fully support you with unbelievable recipes that your kids will love (hello cauliflower pizza crust & green smoothie pops – 100% kid approved), it will also help you navigate the complicated world of food sensitivities, picky eaters and behavior concerns. Sometimes solving these issues can be as easy as eliminating some common problematic foods.
What you can expect:
- Full access to Megan, Katie & Tanya – Functional Nutritionists, Amanda & Katherine – Dieititians on a mission to make healthy fun. You’ll have direct access via the message board where you’ll get constant support, tips and tricks.
- Our Anna will guide you through some of the challenging territory in an accessible and loving way that only a parent could provide. She’s just the best there is.
- Podcasts that will break down: why nutrition matters, debunk common nutrition myths, navigate food sensitivities, teach you the mystery behind picky eating and how behavior is so intricately linked to food.
- Fun activities & challenges to do with your kids.
- A community of parents and kids alike who will be a part of your journey. You’re not alone – not for one second!
- WHAT’S MORE? We partnered with Weelicious for some of Catherine’s amazing Weelicious recipes (all Kids Rule approved) PLUS she’ll be joining us with some awesome videos to help you along the way!
Learn more about how our programs work right here! How it Works.
Who’s it for?
Well, Kids Rule truly covers the spectrum. We have everything from resources for baby’s first foods to the ultimate upgrade for all the favorites staples. Hey, even the parents say the love they Kids Rule recipe packet as much as their kids do. Great for ages 2-13!
Beyond our incredible team, we have the fantastic pleasure to have a special guest moderator for Kids Rule. Meet Katherine Andrew!
Katherine Andrew, MPH, RD, LND, is first and foremost a wife and mom to three little ones. As a Registered Dietitian with a Masters degree in Public Health, she has over ten years of experience in community public health and nutrition. Her work experience includes food systems consulting, non-profit program development and management, evaluation, grant writing, business development, and private health counseling. Katherine’s love of cooking and good food led to the recent development of FEAST, a local jam and sprouted nut butter company.
As a nutritionist, Katherine believes in the power of a healthy relationship with real food. She helps clients address health concerns, navigate food sensitivities, plan healthy meals for themselves and their families, and restore their relationship with eating so that they can enjoy food. Katherine approaches each client individually to help create a realistic and simple plan for that person. As a mom herself, Katherine’s specialty and love is working with other moms and families who are trying to navigate the overwhelming world of food and nutrition. However, Katherine also works with dads, corporate groups, and individuals of all ages helping them explore what health and healthy eating looks like for them.
Katherine received her bachelor’s degree from the University of Virginia and her Masters of Public Health in Nutrition from the University of North Carolina. She has served as the Food Security Chair for both the North Carolina Dietetic Association and the Raleigh Dietetic Association, the Local Foods co-chair and board member of Wake County’s Advocates for Health in Action, and has served on the board of several other health initiatives in North Carolina, including the North Carolina Sustainable Food System Coalition, North Carolina Fruits and Veggies Nutrition Coalition Steering Committee, and North Carolina’s Community Garden Partnership.