- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup freshly ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup flaked, unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup almond, cashew, pecan or sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped dried black figs
- Pulse nuts, flaxseed, coconut, nut butter, and salt in a food processor until coarsely ground.
- Add melted coconut oil to the food processor along with remaining ingredients. Pulse to create a coarse pasty mixture.
- Press mixture into an 8×8 inch glass baking dish. Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour, until mixture hardens. Cut into minibars and store in refrigerator or the freezer. Try not to eat all at once, you’ll be fueled for a marathon.
Photography by Stir & Scribble.