¼ cup coconut flour
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
5 organic egg yolks
3 tablespoons raw honey
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
2 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk, extra for drizzling
2 teaspoons lemon juice
¼ cup raspberries (or any berry!), lightly mashed with a fork
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a small bowl whisk the coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl beat the egg yolks till pale and
thick (about 2-3 minutes), then add the honey, oil,
milk and lemon juice and beat for an additional 1 minute.
4. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and beat on low until smooth and there are no lumps.
5. Fill two large ramekins (about 4”) or small bowls about 2/3 of the way full, it will overflow if it’s too full. Place them on top of a baking sheet.
6. Place berry pieces evenly on top of the batter in each ramekin, gently pressing them into the batter.
7. Bake for 23-26 minutes or until the cake springs back some when touched. Keep an eye as the baking time will vary based on the size of your ramekin. Remove from the oven and cool for about 5 minutes. Serve warm with a little drizzle of coconut milk
And Enjoy! They sure did.
Want a little [ok, lie… A LOT] more where that came from? Join us for Prescribe 20!