- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 red, yellow, or orange bell peppers, seeded and sliced thinly
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, quartered
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup whole cherry tomatoes
- 64 oz organic chicken or veggie broth
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 3 Tablespoons green thai curry paste
- 2 Tablespoons tamari
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro (leaves only) for garnish
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions and bell peppers and cook till they begin to soften, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the shiitake mushrooms and sesame oil and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, cherry tomatoes and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add broth, chicken, coconut milk, curry paste, and tamari. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for just a few minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the bean sprouts and stir to combine. Taste and salt as necessary.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with cilantro and some hot sauce if you like an extra kick.