- Zoodles (can use a special spiralizer tool to create noodles out of zucchini or simple peel with a julienne peeler)
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts halves or pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 3 garlic cloves, mined
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Raw pine nuts (optional – for garnish)
- Prep the zoodles and let them drain well.
- Combine the walnuts, basil, mint, diced zucchini, garlic, lemon juice and salt in a high speed blender and mix until completely smooth.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the zoodles and toss well to coat. Gently toss until the zoodles are completely heated. Add the pesto – stir well to coat.
- Serve and top with cherry tomatoes and pine nuts.
*We love this with some added protein.